This semester revolved around us getting practice or learning new adobe programmes: Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Therefore, I will cover each program separately as I feel in each one I have encountered different things, as well as I was familiar with some and new with the others.
Studying Key- Works of other artists: I feel as if starting out the semester researching and writing about these, really did help me out as I got to see different techniques which I could too use to better my work/practice and see which methods work for me.
Task 1 – Experiment:
I have been using this program for about two and a half years, however I never really experimented on it as I always used it for simple cuts. In my experiment, I opted for an effect – Video in Text.
Cutting with the beat: (The letters pop out with the music).
Masking the letters – There were 2 types of masking, the first to put the video in text and the second to make the letters appear one by one with the beat which I couldn’t do that easily as I kept re-shuffling the letters unintentionally.
Show reel: Apart from having a background spin which was created on illustrator, I feel as if I didn’t experiment much which photoshoot. However, I do like it to be clean.
- Keeping bins in order (Everything was in order files, thus when someone comes to find a particular item.
- Couldn’t cut exactly with the beat.
- Used the ready-made effects.
Task 1 – Experiment: I’ve always been curious on how to create a double exposure, which I changed some angles of.
- Choosing the right mediums
- Creating the masks (I feel as if I got the hand in creating masks)
- I didn’t blend it out 100 percent.
- Some edges aren’t completely faded.
- Using the wrong properties for print.
- Setting the presets (when creating a new edit, I wasn’t sure on which sizes I should open it.)
Result: Fairly good
Newspaper: For the content of the newspaper, I decided that I would look up some tutorials and have the article name revolve around it, as well as I did come up with the content in the photo not taken from the tutorial.
- Setting up hues and exposure on a photo (To do some change in colouring I had to re-do.
- Realism (To take an overall look, the edits were made to look funny, however it looks a bit fake.
- Adjusting the presets (Using web for some of the edits)
Task 1 – Experiment: Illustrator used to be the least favourite, as I thought there was only one way to create a logo (I thought that you can only create a logo). Therefore, I
- Creating the geometry shape
- I couldn’t create a shadow.
Result – Good
Newspaper: The main use for illustrator in the newspaper was to create a logo. However, I did use it to create 2 backgrounds.
- Creating the logo design on it.
- Using vectors.
- Using the pathfinders to make a page flip. (I couldn’t understand what the paths would create).
- Using the wrong properties for print (Worked with web for some instead).
This program was absolutely new to me; hence each experiment was completely new to me to try out – Brochure.
Task 1 – Experiment:
- Creating a layout: Dividing the sections equally to make sure the folding could be done.
- Keeping a uniform layout.
- Finding a very beginners tutorial: I kept on finding tutorials which I had no I idea what they are talking about.
Newspaper: I believe that out of all, this was my best performed in task as I do like constructing layouts and do like to be precise.
- Creating the grids (Sizes of text box etc. were all measured first – using the rectangle tool to have everything the same in size.
- Keeping a uniform layout (Keeping track of fonts, colours, sizes).
- Creating the layout of the first page.
Final task overall thoughts:
I’m pretty pleased with the way the newspaper turned out, as it is quite neat and has a clean look, while having a lot of information still on it.